SOUTHERN FISH 'N FOIL
• 6–8 Fish Filets (your preference)
• 6–8 Tbsp butter/margarine
• 1–2 Lemons (thinly sliced)
• 8–12 Tbsp Susan's Southern Marinade
• Aluminum Foil
Place fish filet on a sheet of foil 1–1/2 inches larger than the filet. Cut one Tbsp of butter/margarine in half and place on top of the fish. Sprinkle with 1–2 Tbsp of Susan's Southern Marinade and top with 2–3 slices of lemon. Bring the sides of the foil together over the top of the fish and roll down towards the fish. Do the same to the sides. These can be grilled for 10–15 minutes or broiled for 8–10 minutes. Open foil and check to see if the filet is done. Fish should be flaky. (Serves 6–8)
Serving suggestions: Very good with rice, fresh salad, corn on the cob, broccoli, or green beans. Try serving the fish
in the foil, to preserve the gravy for dipping.
SUSAN'S TOFU VEGGIE TANGO
• ½ firm or extra firm tofu block
• Red bell peppers sliced thin
• One bunch fresh asparagus stalks
• 3–4 tbsp Susan’s Southern Marinade Spicy (or original)
• Fresh parsley
• 2–3 tbsp light olive oil
• Chopped green onion (optional)
1. Steam, sear or grill asparagus until tender and easily pierced with a fork.
2. Tofu should be firm. If a little soft, wrap the tofu in a paper towel and gently press to
extract some of the liquid. Cut the tofu into ½–1 inch pieces.
3. Chop up fresh parsley into small pieces.
4. It is optional but chopped green onion stalks are good too.
5. Marinate the tofu for 5 minutes in Susan’s Southern Spicy Marinade.
6. In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil and add the tofu and marinated mixture.
7. Add the parsley and green onions (if desired) and stir fry the mixture for 5 to 8 minutes.
8. Asparagus can be tossed into the tofu mixture and tossed for 2–3 minutes or you can just
serve the tofu mix over the top of the bed of steamed asparagus stalks.
SUSAN'S BEACH-VEGGIE STIR FRY
• 5 Celery stalks cleaned and sliced
• 3 yellow acorn squash
• Yellow and green peppers sliced
• 2 Fresh tomatoes cut in wedges
• One bunch broccoli cut into florets
• 6–8 Mushrooms cut in half
• 3 Green onions chopped
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 3–4 tbsp Susan’s Southern Marinade (original or spicy)
• Dash pepper
1. Cut celery, peppers, squash into 2 inch pieces.
2. Chop broccoli into florets. Steam until slightly tender.
3. Cut mushrooms in half set aside.
4. Cut tomatoes into wedges.
5. Heat a stir fry pan or large skillet with olive oil and Susan’s Southern Marinade.
6. Add mushrooms, peppers, celery, green onions, and squash to the olive oil and marinade mixture.
7. Cover and stir mixture for 6 to 8 minutes or until the vegetables become tender. Add the broccoli
and tomato wedges - lightly toss.
8. Continue to cook until the veggies are done but not too soft (al dente). Serve with a bunch of grapes
and sliced fruit.
GRILLED MARINATED SALMON
• 2 pounds salmon fillets
• 3/4 cups Susan Southern Marinade
1. Place the salmon in a shallow, nonporous dish and pour the marinade over the salmon. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium high heat and lightly oil grate.
3. Grill the fish for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
Total time: 1 hr and 45 min. Makes 4 servings.
MARINATED BAKED CHICKEN
• 3 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, drumsticks, or breasts, or a combination of all three
• 3/4 Susan Southern Marinade (Spicy is optional)
1. Place marinade in a 13 by 9 inch broiler-proof baking dish.
2. Lay the chicken in a single layer in the marinade and turn to coat. Cover, refrigerate, and marinate in at least 12 hours and up to 24 hours, turning the chicken at least once during the marinating time.
3. Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 475 and arrange a rack in the middle.
4. Turn all the chicken pieces skin-side up in the dish (if you're using drumsticks, just turn to recoat them in the marinade). Bake until the chicken is starting the turn a dark brown color, about 40 minutes.
5. Set the oven to broil and broil until the chicken skin is crisped, about 3 to 5 minutes more.
Serve with sauce on the side.
Total time: 1 hr and 30 min, plus at least 12 hrs of marinating time. Makes 4 to 6 servings.